View Single Post
      02-19-2017, 04:42 PM   #942
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quick question - especially to Moddie and Tonka who seem to have carried the longest (or at least the most vocal about it )

Of however many years you've carried for, has there ever (honestly) been a situation (or more than once) where you honestly thought you might have to use your firearm? Does it happen often?

It is just a foreign concept to me - it's not to say that criminals respect the gun laws up here, they don't, but at the same time, I've honestly never wished to have a gun on me because I felt I might need it. Trying to wrap my head around it.

Admittedly, I have wished I could carry when I walk in the forest, but that is just for animal control should it ever happen. I've never seen a bear, only one wolf / coyote (honestly couldn't tell which - either a huge coyote or a thin, but appropriately tall wolf), but it would give me a feeling of security. Is that the mindset though that you have when you move out in society? Because it seems....sad? Almost a "why choose to live in such a society - why not move somewhere safer"?

Don't mean that to be offensive - it is simply a foreign concept and I'm trying to understand the rationale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
Welcome to the club. Next. Get yourself a SA colt 45 and Winchester Lever Gun for your saddle. That would be a cool pic fun to shoot as well.
My horse is deathly afraid of the ice cream man truck. I would have a death wish if I pulled the trigger of my gun whilst on her back. Lol
Appreciate 0