View Single Post
      06-15-2016, 07:47 PM   #1
speeddeacon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 750i xDrive

Garage List
When I get a new car I typically detail it myself as quickly as possible. I don't have a professional detail shop where I live so it's up to me to take the time and spend the energy to do it right. Since this car was delivered from a far away dealer, I didn't get a chance to inspect it for damages or paint blems. I also didn't know how good their new car prep was so I figured I could correct most problems they would cause anyway. The car arrived via open flatbed, having been rained on so it just stayed somewhat dirty until I had the time. This time, however, due to the good news of our newly adopted grandson, we put over 2500 miles on before I could do the detail so I was a little concerned about what I might find on the paint. Thankfully, once I got the grime off, the paint was in good shape. I did have to do some correction for a few scratches but nothing too major.

After a decontamination wash, clay bar and rewash, I got a good look at the paint. There were some pretty bad bug gut stains and the afore mentioned scratches, mostly on the hood that corrected easily. Once everything was corrected, I did a fine polish and finished with a sealant. The next day it was off for pix. Enjoy.
Attached Images

JustChris17487.50