07-05-2019, 08:17 PM   #58
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by natahoa View Post
You are entitled to your opinion, but I have never categorized peoples personalities by the cars they drive. But, it is also an American (and Western) phenomenon that people tend to use cars, homes, clothes etc to create a persona. And a lot of people seem to really believe that they can only really be sexy, fun, rich, young-at-heart etc if they are wearing that image.

Personally, I’ve always been practical. Did I envy other young couples who drove fancy cars and bought huge homes at a young age? Maybe a little, but my decisions were always based on what worked best for my family and lifestyle at the moment.

I loved my minivans. But I caved to family pressure when we bought the Highlander in 2011. Kids were off to college and we didn’t need a van any more. Love the Highlander, but I’d still be driving my old Honda van if it hadn’t lost its transmission.

The BMW is an experiment for me. I love it, but it doesn’t define me. I’ve never had a “dream” car. My next and last car might be a seriously pimped out minivan, if that exists. Or a Lincoln Navigator. Or a wacko Hummer. Or a giant pickup.

Whatever it is, I’ll die happy.
you are awesome!
It was all heavily opinionated but for the sake of humor but those are things that are said and thought, however untrue they may be. And i love that you let me have my opinion and ppl like you and ppl that say ‘we can agree to disagree’ are tops.

you nailed the persona thing on the head but not everyone, but for a lot.
i have a thing of guessing on ppl’s flaws but not judging
however i know ppl judge harshly and immediately on visual contact
with the nice car clothes etc you get the best first impression, a head start if you will. i yearn for happy old days but im afraid that current social climate is making it very difficult to even imagine a soul mate. i thought i had it, but that crashed and burned real good.
Appreciate 0