vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
But to be fair, my square head dad and his stupid rules forced me sneak the car out in the middle of the night to drive at 14, and it was a f'ing 6cyl Dodge Dart, so I'm probably just all twisted up with jealousy.
My evil SOB father told me that I couldn't have a car/license until I bought/insured/paid for it myself. "Let me repeat myself, there is absolutely NO WAY that you are EVER driving one of my cars on our insurance!" In all seriousness, I had to have a family friend take me to the road test in their car (ironically a slant-6 Dodge!), and I passed with the four miles to DMV as my only learner's permit driving.

The first time that I ever drove one of my parents' cars was when I was 29 years old and living in another state...and that was driving my father's car home from the airport where it was parked after he met his untimely demise the day before. Well over the hill now, I can still count the number of times that I've ever driven one of my parents' cars on one hand, and each time it was doing a favor for them.....
Maynard3804.50
King Rudi13152.00