Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by translux View Post
One last area to discuss are the brakes on the QV. At slow speeds and in stop and go traffic they can be tricky. It's the inconsistency in required pedal pressure that's at the heart of the issue. Its consistently inconsistent and impossible to come to a stop smoothly. And in some cases even after you've come to a stop the car will begin moving forward requiring additional pressure to stay put. What's really interesting is that it's seems to vary widely from car to car. I've gotten used to them but many find this to be a deal breaker. Just add that to Clarkson's "How Alfa is that!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfo122 View Post
I'd definitely second this. The brakes themselves are quite good in terms of stopping power - much, much better than the stock e90 M3 brakes, but no comparison to the pfc bbk I have on there now - but the feel is 'odd' and something I'm getting used to. I'm already noticing it less and less though (on day 3 of owning the car), but it's definitely a fair criticism of the car. Overall, I'm having a ton of fun in the Alfa and it's exactly what I was looking for.
That's because the QV uses a Brake By Wire system that Alfa calls, you may want to sit down for this one, "IBS."
Here's some info on it. I personally think it's a perfect name for a braking system where you don't know if the car will slow down or not.
Alfisti6502.50
Humdizzle6070.50