04-21-2017, 01:04 PM   #20
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
^^^^We had a similar, although smaller issue like your leak a few years back. The upstairs shower stall drain pipe developed a leak at the goose neck and started dripping onto the ceiling of my office downstairs. We have textured ceilings downstairs as well. I hate them. I had to have a plumber come out and cut a hole through the ceiling of my office and fix the drain, then patch and re-texture the ceiling. Don't remember what that cost us because it was probably a decade ago. We'll see what the bill for this latest fiasco runs. It only took them an hour or so and the part had to be dirt cheap, so I'm hoping it won't be too bad. It depends if they charge us for an "emergency" call.

Damn nice job on the pedestal. Looks great. But you might think about braided steel hoses. See my post above about our nightmare flood when a rubber washing machine hose broke.
actually i didn't show it but those were the old hoses left from the last owners. i swapped them out with braided hoses before i installed the washer/dryer. your situation doesn't look too bad but boy a plumber will really make it sound like it's really bad lol! hopefully they don't use the "Emergency fee". one thing i learned when it comes to plumbing is these new PEX and Sharkbite fittings are AWESOME! no need to use copper tubing and trying to solder stuff anymore. pretty much cut to size, push in and that's it! but those connections are a bit pricey. do you have pictures of the leak? if i was close to you i'd help you out!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 04-21-2017 at 01:09 PM..
Appreciate 0