View Single Post
      05-29-2019, 08:22 AM   #4155
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPeaches View Post
Sorry. I forgot about this once I got home last night.

Things with her seem to be going really well, but then she starts getting weird and saying typical things like "I'm just worried about timing" and such. She comes across as wanting to date but being very worried that she can't spend enough time with me as a single mother to 2 young teens.

I just keep trying to put her at ease that I'm good with spending whatever time we can find together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Sounds like you actually have yourself a keeper. She's obviously a forward thinker as timing/her time/your time is a consideration and not an afterthought. I would simply let her know, that if you truly feel that, whatever time she can make for you is enough. In the event that she isn't using that as an excuse as not to get tied down then you should be good. Just continue to be considerate, warm, accepting and reassuring. Keep in mind that although you may be (or feel that you are) doing everything right while being patient, this doesn't mean that it will go the way you want. Resilience is key here. If it doesn't turn out the way you want, it doesn't mean that you failed and it doesn't make her a bad person. Funny things those emotions.

How long ago did her significant other pass? How long were they together?

If she's spending any time at all with you it's good sign. Stay your path and keep us informed.
Whoa there "Rudi"...now I know I say that we are all therapists here (with the exception of an Uncle who...well, you know...becomes two words and all). But as with all good therapists, you need to pay a price for therapy.

And Fuzzy here promised us a story as payment. You went and let him have the milk before he bought the cow.

Good comments, no doubt...but Fuzzy - you owe us a story!
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15744.50
King Rudi13154.00