09-28-2022, 09:43 PM   #25
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
To expand on my above, yes, CCs are pretty much protected and you won't get left holding the bag if you got scammed, but I dunno about you guys, when it happened to me (a handful of times over the years), it was a real PITA, as I had to wait for a new card, figure out if my pre-pays were affected/redo authorizations, can't accumulate pts on that card, etc. So much freaking hassle, so if I can avoid another area of exploitation, I'd do it.

Also, about the above post, aren't our phones more vulnerable than our computers since there are less effective AVs available for the former? I dunno. Anyway, this is still an *additional* pt of attack even if the phone's security is stronger. Maybe an IT expert can chime in.
I use one card for recurring payments and another for everything else. Haven’t had an issue with a compromised card for recurring payments (yet). The one for everything else was compromised last Friday, likely on our ride to NC. Second time this year my “everything else” card was compromised. I called in Saturday and had a new card by Tuesday at our vacation location. I’d prefer not to have dealt with it at all, but all things considered it was only a minor inconvenience.