11-20-2020, 09:14 AM   #2672
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
^Maybe find a door you can use- the hanging has gotten me out of a lot of back pinches. Particularly the upper back.

First day back after a week off due to no gym access in Siesta Key. Felt amazing - did a full body workout just to check in on all the muscle groups - everything feels strong still and i managed to gain weight! Part of me can't help but wonder is 4 sets is overkill. (tonight i did 2-3).

Anyone here have a successful less is more routine they like? And @JP10 - the weight gainer, pumpkin, Peanut Butter smoothies have worked fantastically for gaining quality weight!
Nice man, glad this is working for ya. Peanut butter addiction is a real thing so be careful haha.

In regards to the sets it really depends on how you are performing. I never go in there saying im going to do 3 sets of this, this, and this.... Rather it is all about feel, when I feel that I have gotten what I wanted out of a exercise then I move on.

Rough scenario just based off of this mornings workout. I started with machine shoulder presses, really just to get everything nice and warmed up. Started with 2 lighter, high rep sets. Then I got into my working sets, and I usually try to pyramid, thus increasing weight and decreasing reps. I don't set rep counts either, I always work to failure regardless of which set it is. If my first working set was easy and I got 14 reps then I know I can increase the weight substaintially to where I am only getting 8-10 reps in the second working set, then another bump where I'd usually get 5-8 reps. Key is to failure. From there I'd move to an auxiliary movement like lateral raises with the same premise in mind.

Difficult to explain via texts, but no one person is the same. One might benefit by low reps heavy weight, where others (myself) see more gains out of lighter increased volume movements. Just got to find what works best.
Appreciate 1