Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
After going back and forth, I broke down and got an 11 for myself and one for my wife to avoid replacing the rapidly deteriorating battery in my 6S that will likely no longer get iOS updates in a year. It was a PITA to buy but I'll spare everyone those details.

I like the bigger screen when looking at it and definitely like the much better battery, but really dislike the heavier, larger phone when carrying it in my pocket. Also still not used to losing the home button but suppose I will get used to it over time. I do like the Face ID. The better camera is of moderate interest and it is faster but within about a day I no longer notice the faster processor and it is just the new normal. For me the extra $$$ for the 11 Pro didn't make sense. I notice zero difference in call signal in my house (as someone else reported). It still sucks.

Hopefully I can get 4 years out of these like the 6S's. I won't have much of an appetite for another one for quite a while now, regardless of how quickly or slowly 5G rolls out or any other new feature added to the next generations.
Do you configure WiFi calling for in your house?
I do but wanted to try the 11 without it after reading a prior post about improved reception indoors. I also commonly forward my mobile to my home office landline when I am home to bypass the issue altogether.

However, once I leave my driveway, I lose that WiFi and have a dead zone for about 1/2 mile until I get to my front gate when driving, or pretty much entirely when I go for my morning walk. Certainly not life changing issues but just pointing out I don't think there is any improvement in reception on AT&T for the 11 vs. the 6S, at least for me.