06-22-2017, 12:59 AM   #7
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
So a few weeks ago I was driving on the highway doing 120kmh and drivetrain error comes up, I stopped truned off the car and back on and it came up immeadetley,

So I went home to check with ISTA and it shows Electric Wastegate short circuit and after deleting it it just came back.

I have BM3 Stg2 on my car for last 6 months and full Akrapovic with downpipes.

I went to the dealer and after 10 days the diagnose was to replace the turbo as the error was on the electric part of the wastegate which is a part of the Turbo.
They replaced ths Turbo and all is fine now now my question is has anyone had this problem and I dont know what could be the cause of this I am affraid of this happening to the other turbo as this one was not changed.

Thanks,
My car is currently getting flashed and I bought a jb4 for a back end and it was used got it installed and the settings were all fucked up so it keeps the wastegate in turbo 2 open on cold start which isn't supposed to happen.

This is the code I'm getting "An electric wastegate fault for stop position limits"

Not sure if that's the same but my car is currently at dealer getting warranted!
Appreciate 0