08-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #133
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Are we being serious? Dancing? Didn't at my wedding. Haven't since high school age.
Not even at the party/reception following the wedding ceremony? Well, you're married now, so I guess some of the best benefits of dancing don't matter too much.

Let's play Family Feud. Name something people do at a wedding or wedding reception:
  • Drink
  • Eat
  • Dance
  • Kiss
  • Gossip
I can't believe you said that. Did your father not teach you the subtle art of romancing a lady? No wonder so many women choose to work instead of stay home to raise children and take care of their husbands. (I mean that in the context of cases where the husband's income is sufficient to meet the family's needs and objectives.)

I don't, but I'll wager that one hour's ballroom dancing every day is all the aerobic activity a person could really need. One'd still have to do some strength training to safely perform lifts, or be lifted/dipped. It's great fun and great exercise. As a plus, the training at ballroom carries over to less structured dancing that is popular in nightclubs and raves. Even when you travel and don't speak any of the native language, you can still dance with someone. Lastly, I can assure you dancing is a great "pick up" tool as it's about the most non-sexual romantic activity out there:
  • lots of body contact,
  • the activity keeps the blood flowing hot and puts a flush on the face making you and her look your best
  • dips, spins and lifts have a tremendous affect on her eyes and psyche
    • make them open wider, making it easier for you to see her pupils and look into her eyes (pupils respond involuntarily when a woman is attracted to you, pay attention to them)
    • makes her eyes roll up with excitement
    • builds her confidence in you as a strong man whom she can trust
  • you and your date are smiling the whole time,
  • mistakes and successes make for conversation (if you need that)
  • what woman doesn't adore a strong, fit man who can takes her to the dance floor, gives her undivided attention, exhibits control and restraint while making her look and feel graceful, poised, fun loving and, quite frankly, like a star at the center of the universe?
  • with all the fun she'll have had dancing with you, you don't need to ply her with liquor. Or is taking a sober lady home (or going to her place) for a nightcap a lost art?
  • men who dance can be more selective in choosing among the women who are interested in them because good dancers are more often than not good lovers and good spouses.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed

Last edited by tony20009; 08-01-2013 at 04:26 PM..
Appreciate 0