04-20-2024, 11:11 PM   #26
Ralph III
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed4Em View Post
Sincere thanks for this thoughtful response, Ralph. The clarity and specificity of your post gave me the confidence of venturing outside of wash and wax. And yes, a routine is exactly what I am looking for - and the proposal of infrequent/annual polish with frequent/periodic application of carnauba wax plus sealant seems very sensible.

Also really appreciate the recommendation of tried and true products. I will give each and every one of them a try.

With much gratitude,
Zed
Hey Zed. You are most welcome and let me give a little more clarity and specifics.

I'd wash my vehicle and then use a drying aid with the drying process. My favorite drying aid was made by Eagle One which contained carnauaba wax in it. It's hard to find that today, so I'm in the process of trying out a few products that should offer even greater protection. Obsessed Garage Drying Aid, Extreme Solutions Topper, and Auto Fanatic 007 gloss enhancer are three that I'll be testing out. Ease of application, which would include non-streaking products, and results are my two greatest criteria.

Then: every few months I'd apply one of the sealants as mentioned. Both of those sealants are extremely easy to apply/remove and they offer fantastic results.

Lastly: once a year I'd perform some paint correction in keeping the vehicle looking its absolute best. Mine is typically a multi step process such as compound-polish-glaze followed by waxing or sealing. Otherwise, you can use an all-in-one product such as a cleaner wax. BTW, Mothers makes an excellent cleaner wax also.

Good luck,
Ralph

Last edited by Ralph III; 04-20-2024 at 11:22 PM..
Appreciate 1
Zed4Em28.00