View Single Post
      09-22-2019, 01:24 PM   #694
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Yep I had plans to do a lot this weekend but it was pretty windy and threatening to rain all day yesterday, with more of the same this morning. Too windy to use a spreader or sprayer. Well, at least I got to fertilize the palm trees, tabebuiaa, gardenia, Italian cypress and juniper yesterday.

Has anyone used Yard Mastery .172% Dithiopyr as a pre-emergent? LCN recommends fall application here to suppress crab grass and some other weeds that sprout up in fall / winter. I bought a 50 lb. bag from his site to try. Should provide with me 2 applications.
Too windy here, too. Didn't even get to manual rake a couple of areas in-between rains today.

Haven't used it myself, but one of the ferts I have in my stash has Dimension in the prills. I was going to use it next spring. Dimension is the 'trade name' for Dithiopyr (and easier to pronounce ). It appears to be one of the more common pre-M's that I've come across, with the other being Prodiamine and, to a lesser extent, Mesotrione (aka Tenacity).

Dimension/Dithiopyr can reportedly also be used as a post-emergent for crabgrass that has grown up to, I think, the 3rd tiller stage. Nothing wrong w/ that!