View Single Post
      10-05-2006, 06:35 PM   #36
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Some of you are claiming some teenagers are good at driving and should get nice cars if their parents allow them to(I assume the people who said that are relatively young). I highly disagree. General statistics not only show teenagers are terrible drivers, "not enough road experience" simply puts them into a disadvantage position. You gain natural instincts from driving after years. not couple of months. Unless you learned how to drive since you were 3 like how tiger woods started golfing, the risk you are putting your child into is relatively high with nice cars. Even if you are lucky enough to have one of those child who totally listen to you, there are many other variables in this world that can change that. Peer pressure is one of them.

Driving school is great, but just like how few hours of working at a company doesn't teach you everything about the company, there is nothing like driving for years to gain real life experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzinco79
and buy them a Mini cooper S

Sweet car~~
Mini cooper is WAY fun to drive. It'll provoke teenager's instinct to drive fast.
my girlfriend has one, its a blast to drive that thing.

If I had to buy my kid a car right now, it'll be the Volvo S40. Safe, great features, looks good, enough power to move around but not enough to get crazy, and not really a superb toy to play around with.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0