03-06-2017, 09:02 AM   #31
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I'll go against you here, my friend. If you think about the car as a series of rectangles with the front suspension rectangle comprised of the upper and lower stress bars in the horizontal plane and the shocks and uprights comprising the sides, stiffening the upper and lower stress bars will create a more stable platform for the vertical bits and bobs. In the M6 I went from the plastic, YES PLASTIC, hollow tubes which comprised the upper stress bar to a billet aluminum offering from AC Schnitzer.

The same goes for the rear. I did the same thing in the rear which went from nothing to the Dinan CF piece.

Driving in town...no difference. Pushing the car on the road or at the track, no contest. The results were astounding. The car turns in much sharper, feels about a foot shorter, and is more stable.

Stiffening the chassis only makes a difference in a car that is driven near the edges of it's performance envelope. I can shoot you some pictures of the before and after if you'd like.

Cheers-mk
Not saying the feel isn't better, but how does it translate to actual measurable performance improvements?
Appreciate 1
kevin6521.50