View Single Post
      04-12-2019, 02:50 PM   #26
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
My Nino passed Wednesday night. My dad texted me while I was somewhere else and I didn't see it initially. Got home, read it as wife was loading the laundry, and I could barely tell her what was wrong. Went out back and spit a lot of mocos, and dropped a bunch of tears. Wife called my dad and I wandered in at one point where she told him I was taking it hard. She had no true idea why, and I went back outside.

Because: He had been failing mentally, and it was painful to see such a vibrant and funny person lose it like that. A few month ago he fell getting out of bed, smashed the back of his head.
I never visited him in the hospital. When they moved him back home for hospice, I never went by to see him, I didn't even KNOW he got out of the hospital. I had almost asked my dad the last couple weeks how he was doing, where he was at, but I failed.

Now, I stuck with only memories, and never said goodbye, and really didn't support him with the gift of my time when he probably needed it most
Sorry Wede - it can be tough to visit people who were once strong, but now don't really know who they are (or who you are). Hard to see them like that, and the easiest course is to stay away. I do think they appreciate the visits though, despite their condition.

Regrettably, I believe you will be in this situation again with another relative close to you...just by the odds...look at that as an opportunity to learn from the above and make sure you go visit a few times!
Appreciate 0