View Single Post
      08-12-2022, 01:23 PM   #12
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Probably 75 homes in our gated, HOA neighborhood. We've been here for about 2.5 years and the neighborhood is probably about 15 years old with a fair amount of original owners. We have walking trails, stocked pond, pool, tennis courts, etc., but we really don't know anyone. Admittedly, we closed on our house February 2020 and then everything went into lockdown, so there was an immediate "don't talk/meet anyone" vibe. That said, with the amenities and amount of children, I'd really anticipate a larger sense of community. No events are planned, when folks rent out the clubhouse, it's to bring in outside friends rather than internal. I only really know the retired couple across the street.

We're the capital of the state, but the town has a lot of divided pockets. The MTB crew is probably the main thing I see that jumps those lines.
Does your community have Foodtruck nights?
Thats a big thing around us on the Gulf. All the developments bring in local Foodtrucks, seems to be good way to get to know people (but my development does not participate)
Appreciate 1