11-21-2021, 10:41 AM   #169
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
so no boiler/furnace..
its all electric scenario, any chance to go with propane?
why not central ac? you wont have the rectangle unit mounted on the walls for each room.. Now i am curious to see the engineering design.
you have a nice floor plan, custom home. Try going with central ac, just my 2 cents. im in the engineering field
pm if you have any questions,
Correct. HVAC is all electric. That's currently mandated by code for all new commercial construction in this area and the conventional thought is that it will soon become mandatory for new residential as well. We will have natural gas for fireplaces, stove, and shop heating. The weather is typically pretty mild in the PNW so we dont need crazy big capacity heating or cooling components. We haven't gotten to HVAC design just yet but that's coming soon. The architect and builder both are suggesting an electric mini-split system, likely either ducted or with the heating/cooling units installed (but still accessible for maintenance) in the ceiling. So none of those ugly boxes hanging off the top of the wall.

I'll keep you posted as we get to that point of the design. That's probably a few months out.

Last edited by DETRoadster; 11-21-2021 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907433.00