View Single Post
      11-20-2021, 09:21 AM   #160
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I'm curious about opinions for electric tank-type, versus electric tankless whole house on-demand and point-of-use tankless on-demand units under every sink?????
I dont know much about the on-demand tankless electric, but our architect and builder are both thinking it might be an option for our master bath which is a pretty far shot from the mechanical room. We could be spending a lot of time running the water, waiting for it to heat up, in that room. And since the master is the biggest consumer of hot water, that's a concern. I can tell you they pull a shit-ton of power. I looked at a unit that can do just under 5.0 gallons per minute (about what you'd want to support filling a baththub) and that sucker needs 120 amps of service! Probably a non-starter for us as we have an electric car and I have a shop full of woodworking equipment. We'd need a 400 amp service into the house to ensure my wife could take a bath while I escape to the shop to do some woodworking, while her car is charging.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615256.00