View Single Post
      11-01-2021, 02:52 PM   #562
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Look, this is coming from a Pats fan. Our team is not that great. We probably will not make the playoffs. The cowboys should have walked over us and their D should have done much better with our rookie QB. The D let Mac score 29 points and force the game to OT.

As said above their schedule is pretty damn easy. None of the eight teams the Cowboys host at AT&T Stadium were above .500 in 2020 for example. Dallas faces only three teams with a winning record from last season. This year’s opponents compiled a winning percentage of .452 for a strength of schedule that ranks No. 31. Only Philadelphia has it easier. Facts, not feelings.

The cowboys have not been to the playoffs in 2 years.

So yeah, I am saying I question how good they are. Your record does not equal the quality of your team, or we would not have playoffs and just a regular season.
we can look at who the Cowboys have played though this season.

Bucs - defending SB Champs who returned all 22 starters. lost by a last second fg

chargers - one of the top teams in the league

panthers - 3-0 and many people were touting their #1 ranked defense going in to the game and cowboys blew them out

giants and eagles - trash as always

vikes - also trash

pats - good team, better than their record, who also just beat the chargers.

Basing SOS off last season's records, when nearly every team has at least a few new starters in key positions, is always a dumb predictor before the season starts. its no different than the AP Top 25 poll in college. its never the same at the end of the season. Chargers, Bucs, Pats and Panthers are all potentially playoff teams. Chargers and Bucs are pretty solid picks for the playoffs, with Pats looking like they will sneak in the WC if they continue playing like they have been, and Panthers could if they get back to where they were earlier this season.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 2
Torgus3781.50