03-29-2021, 06:07 PM   #1122
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf721 View Post
Our03Z4 quick question.

I have a landscaper who handles the whole years but I still do so small projects and check some stuff. For example if I see a brown spot I’ll add some tine to that zone. I’m thinking about installing a Ratchio sprinkler clock so I can change setting on my phone. It should make it easy to check heads and coverage without running back to the clock.

Any suggestions ?
Personally I prefer the Hunter Hydrawise, it's actually the only controller we install currently. I'm actually a certified Rachio installer but only install them if forced. For a contractor the Hydrawise is the best choice for numerous reasons, easy install and also has a color touch screen for if you don't have a phone handy. Plus their tech support is US based and the best in the industry. RainBird has tried to get with the times but their controller is a joke compared to others.

All in all if it will just be you using the controller the Rachio will be fine, but if you have a contractor that ever needs access then you're better off with the Hydrawise. I honestly don't understand the draw for everyone wanting the Rachio.
Appreciate 0