View Single Post
      02-22-2016, 03:39 PM   #34
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Interesting. I thought those watches were more in the $5-$8K range. Apparently, I had not paid close enough attention to the market. Or, maybe all the ones I was looking at were more "complicated". I honestly cannot remember when I last looked, but it was when they went more in-house. I have the original Bond watch SeaMaster Pro 300 (without all the 007 branding.) I have always liked Omega, but never really gotten into collecting them.
New from a Jeweler, yes they are in the $5-8k range. New from online stores, $3k-4k range. Used they are more in the $2k-$3k range give or take a couple hundred

Nothing wrong with buying from a jeweler either. Just want to throw that out there. I try to buy every 4th/5th watch from a local jeweler just to keep it local if nothing else. And they will work with you on pricing as well. The biggest + to buying from a local jeweler is they will usually service the watch for free, and you can build a rapport with them so when you have another watch that needs servicing, you have a trusted place to take it to.

Last edited by csu87; 02-22-2016 at 03:48 PM..
Appreciate 0