02-21-2014, 06:43 PM   #6
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340 Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
^^ Well said (both times )! And I'm not sure what you could find meeting your criteria of "a professional unique understated class" for just $300.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
As watches are a very personal purchase for many, I would only offer a suggestion to rethink the choice and perhaps consider other gifts that may be more meaningful to your groomsmen. While I think the thought is commendable, Im not sure how useful the gift may be to them in reality as most men have their own style and would not want a watch that every one of their close friends/family etc may have.

Two good options for a long use grooms gifts may be something like engraved silver cufflinks from somewhere like Tiffany's (similar budget I believe). I will say that when I rec'd these, they were my best wedding gift, and Ive been in quite a few, since I will have them for a lifetime.
A second option could be what I presented (I was married not long ago), where I had given a nice designer wallet/credit card holder to each groomsmen. Again you can get these in the $200-$300 range and it can be used for years to come.

Im just not seeing a $300 watch as something that would be useful to most, and at the end of the day you are spending nearly $2K, so you want to make it something that they will actually use and perhaps have for a lifetime as a rememberance...jmho
Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06 View Post
I have nothing to more say that m630
so has so eloquently stated already.
Just wanted to reinforce those points
so that your gifts can be putt to good
use rather than to be pit in a drawer.
Absolutely agree with everyone here. Don't spend the money on watches unless you have a big enough budget to justify something worthy. And even then, a watch is an individual statement. I have an Omega Seamaster that I bought for myself as a wedding gift to me.....lol. Save the $2k and do something like that for yourself and by your groomsmen something unqiue or even something different for each of them.

Happy Wedding....