View Single Post
      04-27-2022, 02:57 PM   #27
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I'd definitely sit in both to get a feel for them, also need to understand if AX is the main priority or if back road hustling is also a consideration. I do suspect the CHevy will lead down an endless path of mods to try and correct the suspension etc.
I'm 6' 1" 175lbs with 34" inseam and just fit in the ND2 RF. The ND2 is nice because it has a telescoping steering wheel. I've got about 1.5" of headroom. There is also a kit to lower the seat about about 1.5".

Based on everything I've read so far, the stock Z06 suspension with a very mild drop and some present day tires is more than capable with no other work. The 03/04 Z06s have revised shock tuning which made for a better ride and handing.

Quote:
Any reason a 2015-17 PP2 Mustang is off the table?
That generation Stang is basically a heavier and larger version of my M235 which I'm keeping. I'm not a fan of the Coyote either. I appreciate the power and revs of that motor, but it has way too much chainsaw sound track. If I got a Stang, it would be a 1990-1993 LX notchback. That's the 5.0 sound I love and I drove those all through college back in the mid 1990s.