Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biorin View Post
She clearly never tried to drive at highway speeds before she bought the car. I was driving home last night and only eventually realized that despite my best efforts to speed, I was doing 55.

Another friend was excited about a recent car purchase as well, and I applauded him for his choice of a BMW. Until I found out it was a 320. That being said, that car is kind of hilariously fun to drive due to sheer lack of power. It's my same strategy with the Patriot. Keep driving as if I'm still in a fun car, and let's see just how much horrendous tire squeal and near death experiences we can have!
Yeah, a buddy of mine in university had an old 320 (I think), but it was like a 1981 320i, so picture the very square, all metal models (also manual, so I applaud him for that).

Thing was also sort of fun for the same reason. Though one time, after he and his dad had changed the wheels over, they forgot to tighten one of the wheels. He made it a good 300kms I would say on his way back to uni, before he took a corner and the wheel came completely off. Rather unsettling apparently - seeing your wheel rocket away from the car. So we took to calling the car Tripod after that.

The only time I was kinda nervous was coming back with him to the house we were renting after he got a bad test result, he was pretty upset so he was driving at about 9/10ths, and given Tripod's penchant for losing a wheel, having the diff drop out, and other things, I was a little worried about it being able to hold up to 9/10ths driving.

But otherwise, it was pretty fun to just bomb around in. He spent so much time just keeping it running though. He was actually pretty good from a mechanical point of view.

He learned fairly early on not to trust me though when it came to mechanical matters and use his own judgement instead. Mostly, this came after I assured him that the fuel injectors in my car were in fact my ignition coils instead and asked him for some help removing them as they were very difficult to remove. So we took turns reefing on them, and as I bent down to get a different wrench, he met with great success in that one came loose.

Unfortunately, that meant it completely depressurized the fuel system in a way it was not meant to be depressurized and a bunch of somewhat warm fuel hit him in the eyes. That was not a good scene...had to walk him into the bathroom to wash out his eyes and call an ambulance. He was fine in the end, just got some saline solution, but could have been worse.

He was much more careful in the future about trusting anything I said, so I feel he gained something valuable from the whole experience.
I started laughing out loud at the "ignition coils." Remind me never to ask you about ANYTHING mechanical. I actually think of you occasionally when I'm shifting and remember your duck duck goose story... ahh, the joys we have with our fuckups.
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7929.00