Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Jesus h pay someone to do it. What are you 17?
lol, thinking like that leads people to post threads like "How do i check the oil" or "What to pay for new brakes and rotors" (those are super easy to do yourself btw, and a lot cheaper). Sad thing is, both of those were in the last month alone! Paying people to do everything for you instead of trying to learn if you can do it yourself makes you a pretty useless person.

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1521007
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1516479

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Worse, he’s Iowan. J/K good luck Hawk, I agree with others though pay someone to do it.
That is the way I am going it seems, no magic trick to be learned it seems. (The harry potter number was disconnected). And yes, we have nothing better to do in Iowa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
A big advantage of paying real movers is that they will be bonded/insured, so if they let it slip and it takes out part of the back wall, you aren't on the hook. You also don't have to keep saying 'sorry you lost those toes' to your friend. If you are determined to go DIY, hiring the construction guys to use their forklift or caterpillar would be a good idea - wrangling a load on uneven ground can be quite challenging if you aren't experienced w/driving them.
Not determined to do it myself, just like to explore the options and if I can do something myself for similar or slightly higher cost (but I get to buy new tools) then I usually go that way. The insurance part is a good point though, I can see myself accidentally cracking the tile I need to go over in the basement even if I pay the construction guys to get it down the hill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Just buy a new safe, and have it delivered to your new home.....
Thought about that too. Problem is they only deliver it to your driveway, and I would be back in the same spot.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded

Last edited by Hawkeye; 08-23-2019 at 08:08 AM..
Appreciate 1