View Single Post
      06-18-2015, 08:19 AM   #54
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
I am looking into getting my house outfitted with cameras. There has been a lot of car break-in recently. I have decided to get 2 dome hikvision, 1 indoor hikvision, 1 outdoor hikvision. I got a couple quote and it look like it will cost a couple thousand dollar to get it professionally installed with the ethernet cable hidden in the wall. I do have a about a foot or 2 crawl space between my first floor and second floor. But I do not have an attic. What is a fair price just for installation?

Diagram of my house and location of where I'm planning to get the cameras mounted.

Planning to go with one in front of garage and one in the backyard.

Bullet camera for the front door.

Indoor camera by the stairs.

Dahua 8 channel NVR with purple WD 4TB HD.

http://www.amazon.com/Eyesurv-ESDV-N...1&keywords=nvr

Any thoughts on this setup?
The diagram picture of your house did not show up, but the pictures of the cameras you chose did. I'd say nice choices all around. The picture quality of the 2032 is amazing. I don't have any experience with the 2532, but recently saw footage of the 2332 and it blew me away. Some other members here have the 2432 and seem to be very pleased with it.

Why are you going with a Dahua NVR when all your cameras are Hikvision? Might make more sense to pick a Hikvision NVR also, no? And 4TB should be plenty, especially when you have your zones for motion set up correctly and accurately.

As far as installation cost is concerned, I think the market rate is about $150 per drop purely for pulling cable. If they are setting everything up though, which is mounting the cameras, getting them live, installing the NVR, etc., then a few grand sounds about right.
Appreciate 0