View Single Post
      06-30-2020, 11:58 AM   #7
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

I have a (somewhat) similar story.

So about 4 years ago, I'm outside the front of my house doing something, and my next door neighbor's wife is outside watering some flowers. A car pulls up, and a woman asks me where she can find an address. I point right next door where my neighbor is watering her flowers, where she walks up and asks her if she can take a tour of the inside of the house. True dialogue between them follows:

Driver: "Hi...sorry to arrive unannounced, but would you mind if I walked around inside?"
Neighbor: "Who are you?"
Driver: "I just bought this house..."
Neighbor: "That's impossible, I live here. You must have the wrong house...what address are you looking for?"
Driver: "This one, - I don't think there is any mistake. Here look - I bought it in foreclosure at auction."

Long story short - my neighbor's husband was a douche who hadn't been paying the mortgage for over 6 months. Never told his wife...and they had 3 young children together. The house literally sold at auction and the wife never even knew. We live on a nice cul de sac, - I've never seen anything like that before in my life. Turns out the driver paid about $600K for the house, made some improvements, then flipped it for $725K.

Needless to say - the wife filed for divorce and they of course had to move out. The look of embarrassment on her face during that dialogue is one I will never forget. It was awful.
Appreciate 5
King Rudi13154.00
Soul_Glo13347.00
MKSixer34184.50
quick6750.50
wdb4732.00