View Single Post
      12-11-2016, 06:34 PM   #2
OLDKNEES
Registered
Rep
Drives: 228i

220i ECU Flash

Purchased a 220i (N20) recently primarily for its handling performance and the fact that it's not on the RTA banned list - which means my daughter can drive it. The stock 220i has a real flat spot at 1500 rpm when cruising in comfort mode.

The auto box seems to want to put the car in this flat spot all the time. Hence, I tended to use it in manual mode during most driving situations so that I could keep the revs up a bit. Driving it in sports mode pumps this up 500 rpm or so misses this flat spot -but overall the car as we all know can handle a lot more than it's factory tune.

Got Stuart from BMR to work his ECU Flash tune black magic on the car - it's now totally transformed the driving experience. Wife's got a Macan Petrol S. Yet to drag race her (we are both 50 and do not own any baseball caps) - but I think I can now keep up with her Porsche (at least to 100 km/h).

For those with warranty questions - I did this with a car that has done 3000km and has 2 yrs and 11 months warranty left. You only live once! Personally I've driven for 34 yrs - mainly high performance euros. Not once in that time have I ever had a drivetrain issue that required a warranty repair. Not once.
Appreciate 0