View Single Post
      08-07-2020, 10:48 AM   #1
SpacegrayMe90
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90M3

I still have a job, but I lost my second job - can I get unemployment?

Good day gents,

I'm just trying to gain a bit of insight. In March of 2020, two weeks before the COVID shutdowns, I lost my part-time business intelligence consultant job I had for five years. The company decided to tighten the financial belt on their consultants and not renew my contract. My projects were transitioned to their in house staff. I worked a minimal amount of hours per month from home, which returned about 30K a year in supplemental income.

While I figured I would probably be able to replace that lost income in a month or two depending on the job market, and then COVID-19 hit, which brought on the financial crisis coupled with skyrocketing job loss and unemployment. I never thought to file unemployment until recently when my wife suggested I look into it. While my family and I are doing ok, thank god, it's still a loss of a portion income.

I went to the unemployment website to do some quick research. However, I'm in the unknown about my eligibility status since I still have my primary job. My primary job salary is slightly under six figures, and there is the assumption that I might not be eligible, but I could be incorrect.

I never filed unemployment before, so I'm not sure how the partial or full or of the different rules. It's nearly impossible to get any customer service. It would be good if I could recoup some of my lost income while trying to line up another secondary income.

Any feedback is much appreciated.
Appreciate 0