View Single Post
      05-29-2019, 12:43 PM   #19
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
A $3 bottle here isn't even fit for human consumption. I'm not a wine snob. I like some $20 bottles and $100 bottles. But just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's good. I think it was Silver Oak that I tried on a friends recommendation and I hated it. J Lohr Cab used to be my reasonably priced go to and I enjoyed it. They went down hill after 2013. The 2016 is terrible. The Caymus is by far my favorite, regardless of the year. I was a big Cake Bread fan but their recent years are also terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
This is what I was drinking for $3 a bottle. Very good stuff.

https://www.tannico.com/stellenbosch...xoCzFYQAvD_BwE
From time to time, I also act as the (nominated by no one and despised by most) forum's "Public Advisory" announcer. I feel the above leads me to issue the following PAA:

The rating of "very good stuff" is coming from a former submariner.

Now I'm not saying they survived on MRE's, but the member above has made several comments about Marines eating crayons with what seemed like a degree of envy / jealousy that their diet was better than his.

After having shaken off the seamen, he's become a very respected member of society (since he is what I am, I'm willing to give much in the way of accolades here), but I fear his past still colours his outlook on food and wine...
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
Rmtt8206.00