04-09-2015, 07:53 AM   #38
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by grieverr View Post
This, 100%.

I do not think this person should have been shot to death, I'd like to make that clear. But as much as people like to say that police abuse is getting worse, no one is saying how worse civilian insubordination has also gotten.

No, I am not a cop, nor do I know too many where I'm being sympathetic to them. But I'd think most of these shootings wouldn't have happened if the suspect shut the f**k up, do as s/he's told, and then fight the issue later legally.

On topic: No, I do not think excessive force was needed. Why this officer didn't give chase and call for back up is beyond me. I've always wondered why non-lethal (rubber) rounds are not the standard. My understanding is that they hurt like hell and will incapacitate a person.
That is very true. When i'm talking to cops i don't give them any reason to escalate the situation. I know most cops are good people but there has been plenty of times when they have abused me with their stupid egos.
That's why i don't respect police. I respect USA and it's laws, i respect the Military but i do not respect these people who wear uniforms called Police.