View Single Post
      08-15-2019, 02:55 PM   #1056
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
+1. Keep your cardio in if only for heart health. Plus it will help keep your metabolism humming along allowing you to eat more. Just as JP10 said....you don't need huge increments in food to make gains....especially if at a desk most of the time.

You said you started tracking calories during your weight loss journey. So you already got this whipped man! Just do the same with bulking. Sometimes it only takes 100-200 calories a day extra to get the surplus you need.

For example when I left for vacation, I was cutting on about 2900 calories. When I get back, I plan to only raise my calories by 200 a day. I will stay there until weight gain comes to a halt, then increase by another 200 calories. And then I just rinse and repeat. This allows your body to add muscle while keeping fat increase to a minimal.

Before you know it, you will be eating 3500 calories a day and carrying enough muscle to support it.

Also don't underestimate the value of staying as lean as you can while bulking. I bet as skinny as you thought you were, you looked bigger than most people thought.

In the off season I stay around 210lbs. Now I'm 192lbs and people at the gym thought I was actually gaining weight. It's an illusion.

You got this man.....we all have your back!!!
Much appreciated!

I don't have any friends that work out or anyone to train with....and I don't trust the trainers at the gym; one is fat as hell and the other two ooze this god-like complex because they are trainers at a Planet Fitness. I totally get that my gym is the Wal-Mart or McDonalds as far as gyms are concerned, but the other 2 gyms in town are swimming with 2 types - douche bags and local police officers. Nothing against police officers in general, but I live in a small town and let's just say I have a checkered past....so Planet Fitness is better than nothing. I'll eagerly accept any advice. The majority of my info and training knowledge comes from hours of scouring the internet (although everything a person reads is contradictory to everything they read before...or will read next - one person says one thing, someone else says something completely different) and pure experimentation based off what my body responds to.

I'm going to lower my caloric intake a little for the rest of this bulk phase. I'll keep doing cardio 2-3 times/week for 30 minutes as well. Come the 15th of September, I'll cut for 2 weeks, keep "trying" (I know I'll lose a little muscle and strength during my cut phase) to lift at the same level I'm at now and increase cardio to 45 minutes; then see where I'm at.

Thanks again for the advice! I've been relentless on this since November. I do get frustrated sometimes, but oddly enough anytime that I bitch within a couple of days, whatever I bitch about I see results in. Either way, once I set my mind to something I'm like a fully loaded Mack truck going down hill with no brakes. I'll get to where I want to be, I just wish I wasn't so damn impatient.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00