View Single Post
      08-14-2019, 02:56 PM   #1050
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
A few things you could try as I've been there. Cut calories back slightly where you are still gaining.....but not as fast. It sucks, but the more you bulk the more you jack up your insulin resistance. That affects your muscle-fat partitioning levels.

Or one of my favorites is to bulk for 6 weeks, then diet hard for 2 weeks. You come out of the diet in a rebound, and the muscles just soak up everything like you just did a competition. It keeps your insulin sensitivity high which positively affects the partitioning level I mentioned above.

And you always end up a few lbs heavier each "cycle". It's 2 steps forward and 1 step back.....but you learn your body and how things affect it pretty well.

Plus you just came out of a large weight loss. You don't want to go too quickly as you want that lower weight to become your body's new setpoint to build on.

I know you're an all or nothing guy, but I was the same way. Just apply that to the training aspect for now, and maybe give the diet choices above a try to see what suits you best.
Thanks man! I really appreciate that. I'm not too proud to say that I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. I'm just trying different things and seeing how my body responds. I only started working out in November and have NEVER worked out before. Crazy transformation to say the least.

Again, thanks a ton!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00