Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I felt especially bad for the SUV that was trying to get out of there and there were multiple officers moving with it using it for cover.
This was where my heart sank. if that was my wife in that SUV I'd be furious. Completely sick. Theres 3 LOEs on the driver's side of that brown SUV, all shooting. How about just 1 of them opens that door, pulls the driver out, and ushers them to safety? Then go back and use that SUV as a shield.

Watch the video at 2:36. There's a minimum of 30 LEO vehicles in front of that van and another dozen next to it or behind it. it's literally going nowhere. Get those civilians out of harms way. That should be priority #1. Then deal with the dudes inside who are surrounded by 100+ officers.

Again, I wasn't there so it's easy for me to make comments about a situation I wasnt in. The LEOs did their best and did what they were trained to do. So the training needs to change. My 7 year old niece has active shooter drills in her 1st grade class. We can train our LEOs for active shooter in high civilian situations as well.
You can see law enforcement moving people when it was safe to do so, but the entire incident zone was unsafe. People were safer IN the vehicles (...metal, protection from the engine block, etc.). They had better protection from the car than they would've had if they were mobilized during gunfire, and in a panicked state.
Appreciate 2
minn1914063.00
Salty Dog3574.50