View Single Post
      03-13-2024, 11:42 AM   #31
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
I feel much of what you are saying. Things that I remember providing more joy in the past, don't feel as fun or enjoyable. I initially placed all the blame on how the pandemic changed us, but I have a lingering question around getting older: is this simply what aging feels like?? That's where my mind goes.

It is a really good thing that you are acknowledging this and putting yourself out there. I hope things perk up for you.
Thank you for the concern, I agree with the aging aspect but I also feel like at 50 I shouldnt feel like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I get this. Wifey has conference in Sandy Eggo this coming June. Pre-pandemic, I was all about traveling, especially someplace cool like SD. But now I'm dreading the trip. Not specifically because of Covid (we've been on flights to CT and that didn't bother me). But more an aversion to travel itself. I used to enjoy it. Now it's a zoo. Once I'm there, I'm fine. Just the travel part that gets me. That and being away from home. Maybe that's a symptom of retirement, where I spend most of every day at home. Now it feels weird to not be home.
THIS^ 100% hits the nail on the head. I used to love planning trips and getting away. 50% of it is trouble of getting somewhere, BOEING's, nut jobs on planes and 50% is home is so comfortable and the weather is great why would I want to leave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Is this something you’ve been struggling with since you moved? Or was it a struggle before? Have you seen a dr to rule out clinical depression?
Totally new, I think a good percentage of it is being so content and complacent at home and the lack of winter/fall/greyness.
I'm sure there could be a bout of depression but I have a hard time admitting it or seeing someone to find out

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Apparently, feeling low is not logical. It can happen to people who have money, fame, great friends, great family, and a garage full of amazing cars; and still.

Hopefully you will snap out of it and get back to your old self. Now go stand in front of the mirror and practice a smile for all the great things you do have.

All the best!
Thank you...thank you. Please no one get the idea I'm swan diving off the Skyway but i'm just BLAH.
Maybe getting back into shape and active would make a major improvement
Appreciate 7
sygazelle11481.00
cmyx6go15782.00
M_Six17065.00
JMcLellan2081.00
Buug95917725.50
Llarry16417.00