View Single Post
      01-17-2022, 10:29 PM   #29
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
BMW had issues with incorrect welds on roofs, the whole E46 subframe issue, liquid spillage in the cup holders causing electrical shorts. GM had the ignition issue. Toyota had the floor mat accelerator issue. Hyundai has major engine issues, Honda has engine and transmission issues. Subaru has engine issues. I’m sure other mfg has had suspension issues, another poster stated his Mercedes had a brake pad come missing.

My Tesla has also had its fair share of weird things happen and I’m not entirely fond of it’s Autopilot but sometimes things happen when you’re on the forefront of technology. Tesla is just another company making cars but because they’re a bit unconventional, the microscope tends to focus on them. How many ICE cars catch fire a day? One Tesla goes up in flames and it’s on the 10:00 news cycle.

Hopefully Tesla gets their sh!t in order soon but I’m on the interest list for the iXM60. Let’s see what BMW can do with EV’s!
I agree with you.
But Tesla's market capitalization and sales numbers are extraordinary considering where it ranks in quality on J.D Power and Consumer Reports. But technology has transformed how people shop cars. But it does seem the Tesla drivetrain is stellar
Appreciate 0