11-09-2019, 04:48 PM   #54
wpTXX5
Rep
Drives: XDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchillerM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaC-N54-E82 View Post
And in this example you're calculating equivalent work hours, not actual work hours which would be dramatically less.
That is 100% my point. People on here are acting like those were worked hours. Just because he claimed 5000 hours of OT doesn't mean that he "worked" those.

Another example
https://www.google.com/amp/s/reason.com/2018/05/21/firefighter-earned-300k-in-overtime-by-w/%3famp
"Donn Thompson was paid for more than 9,200 hours of work last year. But there are only 8,760 hours in a year."
But that isn't how a Fire Fighters OT is calculated....see my post above. In order to reach the cash equivalent of 360k of OT they would have to be at the fire house almost everyday. They don't base it off of 8 hour days 40 hour work weeks.

Also hours worked is hours worked and the only thing that changes is the rate. People don't say I worked 40 hours this week plus 10 hours*double time so I am in for 60 hours. That makes no sense at all and no employer that I know of measures it that way because they know they didn't get 60 hours of productivity from that employee. They got 50 hours of productivity 10 of which they had to pay a premium for. Actual hours worked is a key KPI in tracking project productivity some of which may be at a premium rate (which also needs to me measured)
Appreciate 0