CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
It's gradually sloped for drainage but nothing very cumbersome. The most sloped spots are next to the end of my driveway and the back easement.

I have a side-load garage and the lawn area adjacent to the end of the driveway is sloped quite a bit. I don't even think I'd try to run a lawn tractor over it. Wrt the back easment, the slope down into the drainage run isn't horrible and I figure that'd be mowed lateral to the slope so I wasn't fighting uphill. Wrt the upward slope at the back of the yard, I don't even take care of it. My plan is to tear it out for tallgrass and other plantings (eventually). Any mowing in the meantime would be perpindicular to the slope as well. I attached some crappy cell phone pix taken at a bad time of day for reference.

I assume not since even JD uses it in the X3xx-series up to the...380, I believe. It's just been hard to gauge how much people have overused it from all the online posts/forums/reviews I've seen. Since I see it as a weak point in my trade-off, I just wanted to know what options were out there.

Ground implements, no. Occasionally pulling a dump cart and core aerator, yes.
It should be fine for that. I would change the fluid to a 15w50 synthetic (Tuff Torq now recommends this) at around 100 hours or so and you should be fine from there. It isn't a bad transmission, but many people use them for ground engaging attachments like plows to push dirt and tow heavy things and wonder they they don't last. I think especially because of the price the Deere brand carries, many end up buying a smaller machine than they actually need.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
bosstones1154.00