United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post

I rarely touch mini fridge drinks...so the hotel staff is culprits

you can tell when bottle has been open, i always check bottle caps.
Well, this wasn't your normal mini bar. These were not the little bottles which are sealed. On the news this morning they showed a video of the inside of the refrigerator/mini bar. They were full sized bottles, upside down and you just put your glass underneath and it pours a measured shot. Someone can easily screw with the contents.

Did you guys hear about the other story of the woman who was beaten in DR recently?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...-m/1365388001/

I went to Punta Cana back in 2007 I think. It was an extended family trip - there were about 50 of us. It would not have been my choice but for families of 5 or 6, it was affordable. The resort was nice and clean. The food sucked, the service sucked. They tried but just didn't get it.

I'm sorry but it was too third world for me. I knew on bus ride from the airport to the resort I would not be returning. Firstly, I don't want to be somewhere that I must stay behind gates. And the thought of God forbid something happening and one of us needing medical attention was terrifying.

No thank you. Agreed that you need to be vigilant anywhere you travel but there are plenty of safe places to vacation.
Uh, yeah. Exactly. I'm an very cautious guy by nature so I never considered a trip to the DR and never will. I have traveled out of the country on a few occasions and I never once forgot that I was no longer in America and that the rights and freedoms that most of us take for granted no longer exist when you leave this country. It's a sad reality that all travelers need to remember if they are going to do international travel safely. Also, too many people do international travel thinking budget first and safety second, third or fourth. Bad idea. I'm shocked at how many people travel to places where the State Department has travel bans in place!!! Maybe it's my legal background and the fact that I worked on Capital Hill for years, but I can't fathom people not checking out this stuff before booking international travel.

PS: Don't anyone get me started about why I dislike cruises and issues with Maritime law....