shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82ny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
I think you need to take a step back and chill. Your job history or background check isn't the red flag, you are. They completed it Thursday and you're ALREADY wanting answers? And you've reached out to the background check company?

They completed it Thursday and maybe they forwarded it on to the recruiter / HR, or maybe they're inundated with the 10501 other companies they might also be doing the same thing for? Maybe the recruiter / HR department took a long weekend. Maybe the report hasn't been typed up yet?

If I found out someone I tendered a job offer to is already hounding people for an update? After 24 hours? Huge red fucking flag. It's Saturday man, you think they're sitting there reviewing your file today?

Breathe. Chill. Go enjoy your weekend. If what you say is true and you have nothing to hide, why are you acting like Brian Laundrie? You already got the offer - you aren't the only person going through a background check currently. The 3rd party company is NOT your friend - they're paid for by your potential new company. Stop calling them or anybody for that matter before you shoot yourself in the foot.
Thank you for the reply and input. I reread my post and I’m really not getting the sense that I overreacted and need to chill. I asked legit questions regarding the title and when to follow up. I really also am curious how things work on the HR side of things, hence why I asked HR professionals to chime in. I haven’t been emailing or calling them as often as you think. I followed up once with the prospective employer and that it was. I did call the background company once as well since they welcomed applicants to call them to inquire about statuses, etc. Once I found out their part was done on Wednesday I was curious why the employer didn’t respond by Friday evening, especially since I was told it was a fairly quick process once the report is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bc2005 View Post
You might be confusing the terminology, and also misunderstanding the slow pace in some corporations.

“Background check” usually means they are checking the typical reporting agencies (credit bureau, educational institutions, police, etc.) and verifying basic data about who you are and where you live, and maybe verifying where you have worked. Most background checks don’t get into actual job information, since that should be part of the review by HR (compare your resume to the job requirements, etc) and the department that put out the job offer.

Resume job titles are not usually that significant if the work experience is a proper match to what they need. Be more concerned about specific requirements in the job announcement and how they compare to the experience you listed in your resume. However, that should have already been done before they made any offer.
Aside from drug testing, it was a pretty extensive background check. Employers, education, Criminal record, etc, all that was checked. Credit was not checked as well since I’m not in the financial industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
They’re still reviewing your social media posts, including this forum.

I don’t see a problem checking in with the new employer on Monday afternoon. Let them know that you’re eager to get started with their team but need to provide the two weeks notice to your current employer. They probably won’t share the results of their background check, but if they now revoke your offer because of it, you’ll want to see it to make corrections (rarely, there can be issues with info on another person with a same name, etc). That said, don’t express anything but confidence that the background check will come back clean.

The resume thing is a non-issue. The titles are close enough, and often these days prior employers will only release dates of employment, no titles, whether you left on good terms, etc. Background check can have a narrow scope (arrests/felonies) or be broader (confirm degrees, etc.) depending on the company ordering it. The more it encompasses, the longer it will take. And yeah, never contact the company doing the check unless there is an error.
I’ll definitely check in Monday. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
Seriously calm down, if you're this anxious about getting onboarded, just wait til you have to deal with the bureaucracy of a large company. Nothing moves fast. Your desire for instant gratification really aligns with your choice of profession. Posts…10 seconds later…where are my likes, comments and subscribes, people aren't smashing it.
Check my reply to Shoei. I’m naturally an anxiety person with anxiety issues but I’m not asking for feedback right away. Instant gratification is always nice but again, that wasn’t the goal. I made the post from a genuine place of curiosity regarding how things work in HR, which is why I was asking for HR professionals to chime in, if there even are any on this forum. And I’ve only ever dealt with large companies FYI and I know things move slow compared to small companies.
Wow. So let's break it down a bit simpler then.

Thursday - background check was done
Friday - you've already reached out to not only the background check company but the prospective employer
Saturday - you're online with a novel of a story asking what gives stating - and I quote - "the company has had two days now…."
Sunday - you're now defending your actions after telling us you are a wreck and refreshing emails on the regular and everyone telling you to just breathe and relax.

If you don't see this behavior as problematic or concerning at the least, then god help the company that hires you. Not only is your sense of entitlement strong, you expect HR / employers to get back to you over the weekend. You've given yourself anxiety EXPECTING an answer by now. After 48 hours. Please don't include the weekends. It's 48 hours. There is no set timeline for companies to get back to you. There's so many variables it's not even possible to start speculating. What I do know is that it's not instantaneous.

You have multiple strangers over the internet basically tell you the same thing and you've decided to double down on your beliefs. Everyone's told you to just chill and don't stress yet here you are trying to prove your point like your behavior is normal. It's isn't. Said it before gonna say it again - you're a huge red flag for any company. Constructive criticism is essential for one to grow. How you take it shows a lot about your mindset and maturity level. "That's why I asked if there are any HR professionals - if there even are any on this board." Passive aggressiveness? Yikes. So now your mindset is they must not be HR because I'm not hearing what I want to hear.
I'll help you out with this one too. I used to consult for build outs at start up / tech companies, C level teams and? HR departments. Fast forward present day, I have my own businesses in multi states. I have final say on most hires, anything managerial and above. I trust my managers to build out their own hourly teams.

You don't realize the phrases you've written that are serious red flags. There's eagerness and then there's something else. You fall under the something else category.

If you don't like the advice given by complete strangers, then don't ask it. If you want to cherry pick the answers that make you feel better (which you've done by wanting to follow the one persons advice who said reach out Monday) then go talk to your family who will probably tell you what you want to hear. But I'm guessing there's a reason you're asking a car forum these questions and not your friends or family.

You have a lot of growth to do, but sounds like if the advice doesn't resonate with you, you don't want to hear it anyways.
Appreciate 1
F82ny12.50