View Single Post
      04-22-2019, 04:27 PM   #133
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
It's funny you bring this up. I was watching a show about GoT discussing the transition from Character Development as the focus of the writing to Plot Development a the new focus. The transition occurred when the show went beyond the books and the two gentlemen who write and their team had to move to the new schema. It can definitely be seen in the latter seasons as the plot's action drives the show rather than the characters motivations and reactions to the objective realities about their individual and collective predicaments. A great observation!

Cheers-mk
The divergence from the books has been palpable, and not in a good way. The further they get the more cringe-worthy moments we find. Now 1 per episode at least.

On a separate note, my wife and I were joking last night that maybe the shows creators will punk us all and have every character survive the epic battle only to die ridiculous deaths. Jaime from a bad shellfish allergy, Jon from an infected splinter, the Hound slips on a banana peel and hits his head, Arya falls asleep in the tub and drowns. It all concludes with Hot Pie ascending the throne.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34173.50
wrickem2101.00