Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
So did you hang out one more time or nah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
was this after one date?
lol nah, this was only after 2 "dates" (taking her to a car show and going downtown chicago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Not sure you're looking for advice or dissent, since you posted this to prove your point...

But what makes you think giving people the silent treatment is alright? You went 2 full days (and maybe would go longer if she hadn't pushed for it) without replying.

Why not man up and have an open conversation about what you want?
honestly? because it was what seemed logical. unfortunately it's just how stuff works nowadays with people my age (even though i dont know your age); even if she wanted there's a good chance we'd never run into each other. different majors and she's a year younger.

but to answer your question, yeah maybe it wasnt the greatest thing to do. but look at it this way - if someone was being this pushy literally after 2 days and meeting up twice what would be your response? if you were to send that text earlier chances are she'd blame you for thinking too forward and getting ahead of yourself and you'd be the one "to blame". without knowing someone as much as i'd like to this was my best option and i do not regret going this route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
‘Ghosting’ is pretty common in the modern dating world. I used to try to be respectful and give some kind of closing response but after being ghosted several times myself I realized there is no point in showing any kind of decency to anyone these days.

I used to be a really nice guy but online dating turned me into a fucking asshole. A majority of women in their 20’s on these dating apps are garbage people in my experience, so they will be treated accordingly.
eh i mean its a double edged sword, it is pretty common but at least it's a bit more "decent" if you ask me than the constant cycle of "lets hang out" and flake at the last minute, if you don't hear back from them for 4-5 hours then it's onto the next one for me because you KNOW how 24/7 these people are on their phones. if they aren't even willing to respond negatively i'm not going to waste my time
Appreciate 0