02-12-2014, 12:36 PM   #207
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I did buy one invicta and their reuptation of being poor watches is deserved. Any product that gets sold on qvc is directed at a certain demographic that doesn't really fit.
In all fairness, the distribution channel doesn't matter all that much with most watches. All that really matters is that the seller is reputable, selling only authentic products, and has a reasonable returns/exchange policy.

One place I check regularly is Overstock.com. They are an excellent place to buy from and for a knowledgeable watch buyer, there are some seriously outstanding deals to be had there. They even have decent enough prices on pre-owned watches.

Here's an example of a great buy at The O. It's a Vulcain 50 Presidents simple watch. It has an excellent in-house movement and the selling price is great at 40% off. Yes, it's a NOS watch, but Vulcain never made a crappy watch and in-house movements from a high-end boutique maker for less than $3K is unheard of for a new watch, even if it's an older version of a current model.

All the best.
Attached Images

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0