R N M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
If I catch your drift here, the main objective is to get a truly special V8 (ie the motor) as a priority. If so, I gotta go with the Shelby GT350 and the E9x M3 here, although they're not necessarily perfect cars.

Maybe the F355 but few people have the stomach to own that car. The AMG's are not my cup of tea but some people consider those motors special, and fair enough if you do.

At a higher price point there's the 458 Italia and 430 Scud.
I have F80 M3 and 991.2 911 T as the fun cars currently.

The GT350 has a nice engine and sound plus styling is cool. Rest of the car is very underwhelming. I had a chance to buy a few and every time i go and sit in one - I can’t pull the trigger lol. Panel gaps, interior quality, sitting position are just all bad.

The E92 M3 would be good but only if i can find the exact spec for me - Blue or White exterior, Comp Pack, Manual, CF roof, Black interior, low mileage. I think overtime this would be a car you can own and probably not lose any value if you have it as a weekend type car.

Ferrari - I always loved 360 styling (my dream car ever since it came out) and you can find early ones for under $100k easily. Need to look at 430s. The 458s are still at $200k or more for nice spec. I can’t imagine the 360s with nice spec going much further down in price. I have driven 430 and 458 previously but not a 360. They sound like heaven and probably would be the perfect car to get just for the “sound.”

I’m in no rush to get anything but really wish these car companies emulate Porsche GT3 and focused some models on emotional connection of NA sound and feel rather than 0-60 / 1/4 mile times where you are over 100mph in 3rd gear.
Appreciate 2