07-20-2015, 04:38 PM   #2207
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
About the Belgian taxes in some numbers.
For example...And to give you an idea .

Your salary is $100 USD.
They take instantly $52 USD of it , the other $48 USD is for you (for the moment) this happens before it is on your bank account .
In other words they take 52 % taxes of your salary before you get it in your hands !
But there is more ..
At the end of the year you need to pay taxes on your remaining 48 % of your salary incomes !
Imagine....
On water and electricity consumption it's 6 % of taxes , but like fuel for the cars it's about 64 % .
About car taxes ...
On my car the first time in traffic tax , over here it's called "BIV" .
BIV was 5000 Euro's but now increased to 10000 Euro's , just to put the 4 wheels on the road . ( Permission and registration )
But.... there is also something like the yearly driver tax...
Yes I pay every single year 2000 Euro's yearly driver tax on top of the BIV and is increasing every single year , only to drive on our roads !
When I drive my car for about 10 years...the taxes that I payed are the new price of an ///M3 in the US .
BTW....I payed my car 108000 Euro's , DCT, EDC ect.. , BIV taxes and driver taxes NOT included .
That's why I said ...and more than once on here...

"GOD BLESS AMERICA" !
There are so many G20 size countries which has less taxes than US.
Sadly US has highest corporate taxes. Although this Laffy Daffy curve is 11 yrs old, US corp tax hasn't changed as I know of.

Last edited by MrPrena; 10-31-2015 at 11:34 AM..
Appreciate 1