07-05-2019, 10:54 AM   #49
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by natahoa View Post
I hear ya. I have Facebook only because my kids used it as teens. I never look at it. I am somewhat sensitive and can’t stand to be around a lot of people - wears me out quick. I can’t watch the news any more, and I don’t.

I read somwhere:
Pretend you are looking your four-year-old self, and telling him/her all the horrors they will see in living color during their life, because it is almost impossible to avoid.

After I read that, I decided I’m done with keeping up with the news. I will vote in every election and try to evaluate candidates, but that is as far as I go with keeping up with the diasaster that has become our political system.

I one respect I disagree. Rich people who act badly *shrug*. The largest impact is the average person, rich poor or in-between, that comes to believe and internalize all of the “media” out there that is posted purely to get people angry.

Being part of this in any way - provider or observer - is a hateful and horrible waste of your life. Produces endless anxiety and mental illness.

My best hope is that the current situation will encourage a new climate of morality, fairness, empathy and love for others. These are the concepts that made our country great. If we abandon them, western civilization is doomed just like Rome was.
We would probably get along bc i too become absolutely exhausted around a group of ppl bc when theres 20 ppl in a room u can bet your bottom dollar 18 of them are complete idiots.. just go anywhere and listen to people converse. “did you hear what becky did to john?! omg.”

you can forget theorizing or speaking hypothetically in groups of ppl.. majority of ppl cant even follow u when u speak in simple terms of literal vs figurative.. it really is depressing. all ppl wanna do is talk about ppl or themselves. i want to solve problems. i have no small talk for you

my point though was the disenfranchised that you spoke of now know just how disenfranchised and unlucky they are thanks to social media. “what u dont know cant hurt you” but now they know

hell im a middle class white guy thats had it ok but not great but never thought i was missing out on much.. until facebook .. and holy shit, i found out i grew up with idiots and nobodies that never did anything to the tenth degree, and am a nobody myself.

and i can thank social media for making me realize that and feel that way. truth hurts.
Appreciate 0