natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
Well said, i agree with everything but you left out a very new and detrimental factor: social media, all of what you said is happening AND THEN you have people flaunting and showing off their things and relationships in a way thats never been possible before and it IS pushing people over the edge,

especially when its a person that is known to be a liar, cheater, all around sack of shit but you see theyre living in mansions and vacationc jusf bc of their daddy etcetc..

we are not supposed to be connected and be able to “share” like we do now..the time will come when everyone disconnects and goes back to keeping their life on their mantle and their mantle alone
I hear ya. I have Facebook only because my kids used it as teens. I never look at it. I am somewhat sensitive and can’t stand to be around a lot of people - wears me out quick. I can’t watch the news any more, and I don’t.

I read somwhere:
Pretend you are looking your four-year-old self, and telling him/her all the horrors they will see in living color during their life, because it is almost impossible to avoid.

After I read that, I decided I’m done with keeping up with the news. I will vote in every election and try to evaluate candidates, but that is as far as I go with keeping up with the diasaster that has become our political system.

I one respect I disagree. Rich people who act badly *shrug*. The largest impact is on the the average person, rich poor or in-between, that comes to believe and internalize all of the “media” out there that is posted purely to get people angry. So much hate and misinformation. So widely accepted. It is quite scary.

Being part of this in any way - provider or observer - is a hateful and horrible waste of your life. Produces endless anxiety and mental illness.

My best hope is that the current situation will encourage a new climate of morality, fairness, empathy and love for others. These are the concepts that made our country great. If we abandon them, western civilization is doomed just like Rome was.
Appreciate 0