View Single Post
      02-07-2019, 12:46 PM   #13
Fritzer
No one sleep in Tokyo
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i//1995 E34 530i

I read the title and chuckled, at least you're going to Orange County and not some of the worse parts of the state for gun ownership.

I would not risk carrying without getting a permit in this state. Luckily they have been handing them out much more liberally in Orange County than pretty much everywhere else in California. The whole "locked container" thing in California doesn't really work anymore. As of recently I believe they passed a bill where you cannot have a firearm in your vehicle unless you are going to or from a range, shop, or smith. You can not carry a firearm in your vehicle for "general purposes" or "self-defense", it has to be for a lawful purpose like in the previous examples I laid out. Additionally you would have to have the ammunition locked as well, in a separate container in the vehicles.

If I didn't have a CCW(not saying I do or don't) I would not risk it in the slightest, not worth it. When you get here put in your application for a CCW in Orange County ASAP if you feel you need to carry, which you should. Not a dangerous place, but a good practice for responsible individuals to participate in.

As to your MK18 that you lost in a boating accident after you disassembled it and stored in your safe, that's too bad. If you did still have it and it was an 80% lower, I would let you know that you cannot have/produce 80% lower built weapons without obtaining and applying a serial number from CA DOJ to the lower receiver in California. Additionally, I would have also informed you of the fact that they recently passed a bill that prohibits many features and accessories on these types of weapons.

Last edited by Fritzer; 02-07-2019 at 01:02 PM..
Appreciate 1